The Principle Of Waiting
Waiting is something we all don’t like doing, we all want to see things or some sort of action happen. We don’t want to be delayed or stay in the same place until something happens.
We are always anxious, anxious to receive that job interview call you’re waiting for, anxious to see your date who hasn’t arrived and it is now an hour later. In your head you’re starting to ask yourself a million questions, “Did he change his mind?”, “Maybe he doesn’t like me”.
Waiting is just not nice, but waiting can be particularly harder when in tough times.
Maybe you have been praying for something to God and He has not responded. You start feeling like life is hard, like you are not loved or maybe perhaps you should end your life… Your mind starts getting out of control and all these negative thoughts build up…
I’m here to share that in the midst of all the waiting you can still be happy… Yes, you can still dream, you can still be strong, you can still be courageous, and you can face all things you come across.
You still deserve to live, love and be happy even in your difficult waiting…
Here is what you need to do while you wait:
- Wait in prayer with the Lord – This is the time for you to escalate your Faith in God to the highest because He is our Hope. In a time where you are full of doubt and pain, He is your greatest comforter, He is your friend, and He is your helper. All you need to do is come to Him in prayer, believing that He will bring you through anything that you are facing. Pray without ceasing. Spend time in the presence of the Lord. He will lift you up.
- Let go of complaining – we always find something to complain about. Even when it is unnecessary. This is a bad habit you need to get rid of. Most time we complain because we compare ourselves with others. I’ll ask you a question, what value does complaining add to one’s life? Instead you are just making your life more miserable.
- Let go of your fears – DO NOT FEAR…. Why? Because God did not give us a spirit of fear but of POWER and a SOUND MIND. Your own creator gave you POWER and a SOUND MIND, so why not use that? Where are you getting this fear from? Let’s stop inheriting spirits that were not made for us in the first place.
- Keep your thoughts pure – Stay away from entertaining negative thoughts. That is what holds us back. They are unreal and they prevent us from moving forward in life.
- Stay humble – even the word of God tells us that God blesses the meek and gives them their hearts desires. Being humble qualifies you for a miracle and THE DIVINE FAVOR OF GOD.
Romans 12:12 Rejoice in hope, be patient in suffering, persevere in prayer.
I really pray and hope that we all learn these principles in our times of waiting. No matter how long you wait for, could be 20 years, stay faithful that one day you will receive your breakthrough…
While you master the principle of waiting, you are also activating the principle of PATIENCE…